Program Details Page Concept
I took on this task myself because I knew there was a better way to provide information and a way to create a better user experience. The UI goals were to improve the visibility of the content and the RFI on the page so that the visitor is compelled to continue the journey. One key UI pattern utilized here was tabs to help shorten the page. Other goals were to provide more space for long content and improve the design on mobile devices. From research, users really wanted to know specific information, like the registration deadlines, class start dates, and, if it was an on-campus program, where the class was located. The new layout followed all general brand/layout guidelines for the site to ensure a smooth transition from home page or other pages.
Experiment: Program Page Content
Test marketing developed content against faculty generated content (CurricUNET) to see which generated more RFI submissions.
The top 5 programs at NU had the following increases after 85 days-
- MBA: 52% improvement over original
- BS Computer Science: 51.5% improvement over original
- BBA: 97% improvement over original
- RN to BSN: 47% improvement over original – reached statistical significance
- BS Nursing: 32% improvement over original – reached statistical significance